Thursday, August 6, 2009

card patterns sketch #26



Hi all!! I've been trying to upload this card for a couple of days but we have been having thunderstorms here off and on. I love thunderstorms!! They are awesome and scary at the same time!! This card is all papertrey ink except for the flowers. I absolutely love how this card turned out. I haven't used aqua mist and spring moss together for quite awhile and when I made this card the other day I was in the mood for a softer feel and these colors fit the bill. I was inspired by the papertrey ink's senior design teams challenge on August first to use four or more patterns on a card. I was wanting to stamp that night but didn't really have a card in mind so I just stamped a bunch of different patterns on a bunch of strips of paper. It was really therapeutic!! You should try it!! No particular card in mind but I still stamped a bunch for later use... and then I saw the cardpatterns sketch for the week and thought PERFECT!! I am patiently waiting for the mailman to bring me my new pti order... it has the every day button bits in it and I can't hardly wait to ink it up!!!

thanks for looking and have a great day!!

Lisa

all supplies are from papertrey ink unless otherwise noted
stamps: damask designs, beautiful blooms, polka dot basics II, circle borders, floral frenzy
ink: aqua mist, spring moss
cardstock: vintage cream, spring moss
patterned paper: tea leaves in aqua mist, bitty dots in spring moss
buttons in spring moss and aqua mist
flowers: hero arts, prima

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! You are so cute! I love this card! It's all sweet and whispery and delightful! I'm jealous because I haven't gotten to THIS sketch yet and it looks like fun! You did a great job: I'm getting really hungry for some PTI goodies! I think you rocked BOTH challenges! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dooooo love the soft colors Lisa. This is beautiful! Everything is well put together from colors to pattern and details. Excellent spin on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa this is stunning! I love the soft colors, those blues are perfect. I love thunderstorms, too. We had a rough one come through Monday night- woke us up at midnight with ground lightening right out our window. Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you in advance for your comments... they are truly appreciated!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.